Daisy Mac's Coleslaw
This is my mom's (Daisy's recipe)!
- 1 Head of Shredded Cabbage
- 2 Sredded Carrots
- 2 Stalks of Chopped Celery
- 1 Big Onion Chopped
- Celery Salt - sprinkle
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup of White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- Combine Cabbage, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Celery Salt, and Salt and Pepper in a big bowl, and sprinkle with the 1/3 Cup of Sugar.
- For the sauce: combine the Egg, 1/4 cup of Oil, 1/4 cup of Vinegar and cook over low heat until sauce thickens. Take off the heat and add the 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and the 2 heaping tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- Pour sauce over the Cabbage mixture and mix together. Add more Mayonnaise or salt and papper to taste.