Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 2 lbs. ground beef (I use a meatloaf mix of beef, pork and veal)
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- 2 tblsp. chopped parsley
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup worsterchire sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Approx. 12 bell peppers cut in 1/2 and take out seeds
- Tomato sauce (homemade see instructions)
- To make homemade sauce: saute 2-3 cloves of garlic. Add 2-3 cans of whole tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for approx. 1 hour.
- Saute beef, onions, and celery until cooked. Add ketchup, worsterchire sauce and bread crumbs, then add rice and mix together. I add a little of the homemade sauce so mixture is moister.
- Spoon mixture into peppers and place in a baking dish. Bake at 350 for approx. 40 minutes or until peppers are soft.