Stuffed Cabbage (Polish Golabki)
- 1 head of Cabbage
- 2 lbs. ground beef (I use a meatloaf mix of beef, pork and veal)
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- 2 tblsp. chopped parsley
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup worsterchire sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Steam Cabbage and cool to be able to pull apart leaves
- To make homemade sauce: saute 2-3 cloves of garlic. Add 1 jar of whole tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for approx. 1 hour
- Saute beef, onions, and celery until cooked. Add ketchup, worsterchire sauce and bread crumbs, then add rice and mix together. I add a little of the homemade sauce so mixture is moister.
- Spoon beef mixture into cabbage, and roll the cabbage leaf around the mixture. Place in a baking dish coated with the tomato sauce. Cover with sauce. Bake at 350 for approx. 40 minutes.